January 30, 2015 – DRV Technologies, Inc., the developer of FlexTools report management, electronic forms and Secure MICR laser checks software, report writer / query tool, and system monitoring for the IBM i, iSeries, and AS/400, has announced the release of MessageFlex 3.0 which is DRV Tech‘s software for unattended IBM i System Monitoring and notification.
The IBM System i does a great job telling you how it’s performing with system messages if you have someone monitoring for them, but with streamlining IT staffs everywhere, maintaining personnel to monitor a console for those messages is a commodity some companies simply don’t have.
DRV MessageFlex monitors IBM i message queues for system and program messages sending notifications by email, text message or instant message in real time. Significant enhancements have been added to monitor not only message queues, but also jobs, job queues, subsystems and system resources.
According to DRV President Richard Voss, “…many of the enhancements in MessgeFlex 3.0 come from feedback from our clients. DRV has always been welcomed to the creative suggestions our customers provide, and we listened.” Adding, “The most obvious customer-centric enhancement is our new Mobile App to allow our clients to view and respond to notifications sent from MessageFlex. DRV is always looking at ways to improve our customers user experience based on the feedback they provide us.”
MessageFlex 3.0 added features include:
- MessageFlex System Notification
- Significant enhancements to message queue monitoring, such as ability to monitor for
- Enhanced default values for Send to / From notification for easier set up
- Enhanced monitoring for Messages ID based by specifying generic value
- Added API to purge message queue based on the age of the message
- Added capability to monitor specific jobs
- Added capability to monitor job queues
- Added capability to monitor subsystems
- Added capability to monitor system resources.
- Released MessageFlex Phone App compatible with iPhone and Android providing ability to:
- Display jobs with “message wait” status
- Display the details of the ‘message wait” status and Reply to the message causing the “message wait” status
- View all active jobs running
- View and start subsystems
- View and work with all Message Sentries
About DRV Technologies, Inc.
DRV Technologies, Inc. is an IBM Business Partner providing software solutions for the IBM i, iSeries, and AS/400. DRV Technologies’ solutions are installed around the globe in a variety of vertical markets such as banking, manufacturing, healthcare, retail, distribution and other financial service industries. DRV Technologies is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia, with direct sales throughout North America. For more information, please visit www.drvtech.com, call 678 417-1521 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.